Injecting Spring into Your Home
As the winter months eventually come to an end, it will be time to throw those windows open and let the fresh spring air into your house. As part of your Spring cleaning routine, you might consider tucking away those gorgeous country throws and quilt bundle sets that have a darker theme and replacing them with lighter or brighter colored ones and those decorative accessories you’ve stored all winter. Spring really is a revitalizing season and your home can be enhanced and take on a whole new look when you heed the signs and decorate for this wonderful rebirth of nature.
Tips for Decorating for Spring
- Start by cleaning and storing those heavy area rugs that have kept your feet warm this winter. Shine the newly exposed floors and place some lighter rugs in the living areas.
- Hang light prairie curtains or even netting to keep the direct sunlight away from your furniture and allow just enough light in the room.
- Store your winter accessories and decorate your rooms with clear glass or crystal objects that will allow light to delicately flicker onto your surfaces. Use wicker baskets filled with vibrant objects as your room décor and stay away from dark, heavy colors.
- Place beautiful fresh flowers around your home. Choose colors that will coordinate with your décor and keep the flowers in clear vases, glass soda bottles or even unused decanters. Blue mason jars are my favorite way to showcase fresh flowers!
- Arrange bright green grapes or lemons and limes in a decorative white enamel bowl and place them on a table as a centerpiece. Bring a cheerful look to your kitchen with yellow bananas and ruby red cherries in a pretty bowl.
- Replace some photographs around the house with brand new photos taken throughout the year, keeping your memories current and mingling them with the past. Hang new paintings or artwork and pictures that you’ve had in storage and reframe them to add a new, fresh look to the images.
- Replace or recover old outdoor cushions and install a new sun umbrella on your patio table decorated with fresh, beautiful-smelling flowers. Repaint any furniture that seems to be peeling or rusting.
- Wash and store your winter bedding and replace with lighter fabrics for summer and spring. Add a focal point in every room by adding decorative pillows. Drape a lightweight throw over the living room sofa.
How to Bring Spring into Your Bedroom
- Go green – paint your bedroom walls a calming green and accent with green pillows on the bed. Pair these details with golds and whites to add a romantic yet bright feel.
- Fresh flowers – again, let those blooms rule. You really can never have enough arrangements so long as you keep them simple and clean. Even purple flowers can add a touch of color to enhance the rest of the room.
- Open up those shutters – let light spring into your home. It brings warmth and draws attention to those light, airy spring décor items.
For Spring time décor and country bedding, take a look a Primitive Star Quilt Shop’s online store today.
- Jacki Alcorn