Are you looking to give your friends and family that instant warmth and coziness when they walk into your house? One of the best ways to achieve this is by decorating your foyer and living room with quilts.
Decorating with quilts doesn’t have to restrict you to a specifically country or rustic décor theme
throughout your home. With different patterns, styles, and colors, there is something to accent everything from the farmhouse to the modern home.
Using quilts as focal points gives your home a little accent to your current décor. Be sure to choose quilts that bring out some of the colors already in your home color palette. Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing when decorating your living room and foyer with quilts.
Using classic quilt motifs in the foyer area has become a hot new home trend. Wrap your guests in comfort as soon as they walk in the door by using these ideas to decorate your foyer.
- Hang a quilt on the wall in the foyer to instantly capture your guests’ attention. Treat it as a piece of artwork to create the accent wall. A simple design like the Ninepatch Star Quilt with its mix of deep red and tan star and gingham patterns welcomes your guests with a sense of happiness and homeliness that permeates from the colors.
- Lay a skinny table runner on the entry way table so that it hangs down over the sides. You can do this by laying it long ways if the table is a little shorter than most entry way tables, or lay it across the skinniest part of the table so that the runner hangs low. It allows a subtle peek of the quilt without overwhelming the rest of your foyer décor.
The living room is the center of the home. It’s where our friends and family congregate when they visit. It’s where we open Christmas presents and where we enjoy family movies nights. This is a space that longs for the comforting feel of quilts. Here are a few suggestions:
- Use a quilted throw as a decorative tablecloth for your coffee table. The quilt will add a subtle hint of color and texture to the room and can even be switched out for the seasons.
- Add a pop of color to your living room by hanging a large quilt on the wall or framing a fireplace and creating an accent wall. Our Sea Glass Quilt adds the color splash while keeping the atmosphere calm with its mixture of cool blues and teals.
- If you’re a bit more modern, consider hanging a quilt off-center on the wall behind the sofa. Use a bright, eye-catching color like the Tierney Irish Chain Quilt or strokes of bold color like the black star against the tan background in the Dakota Star Quilt. By off-centering it on the wall behind your loveseat or chaise, the furniture will partially cover the quilt, adding an unexpected splash of color and pattern at an interesting angle.
- If you’re looking for a more traditional décor idea, drape a large throw like our Cheston Primitive Star Quilted Throw over the sofa, tucking it into the cushions. The quilt will be showcased on the sofa and add a little texture and a lot of coziness to the living room.
Because quilts can range in size and are so intricately designed, it can be an overwhelming task to know how to incorporate this item into your décor. Choosing 1-3 focal points throughout the living room and foyer areas keeps your decorating on track and looking like a cohesive theme. We hope that these décor suggestions have helped, and that you get the comfy feel in your home that you’re striving for.