11 Primitive Country Pinterest Ideas For Your Inspirational Boards
As quilters and primitive country décor aficionados, sometimes we can’t imagine what we did before Pinterest came along. It’s easy to get lost in fantasies of DIY projects, dream bedrooms, and of course, complex and intricate quilt patterns. Oops, two hours just flew by and it’s time to pick up the kids from school!
But we also draw inspiration from others on Pinterest. Quilters, decorators, small business owners, and primitive country enthusiasts comprise a rich community that we love to be a part of. Below please find 11 of our favorite inspirational boards!
1. Vintage Blessings Antiques, based in Idaho, is a small shop packed with just the kinds of unique items that make primitive country decorating so much fun. Check out their decorating board for a look at authentic pieces of Americana.
2. The great primitive country decorating blog My Colonial Home has a wonderful selection of Pinterest boards as well. We especially love the Old Barns and Colonial Style boards!
3. Nadine from Massachusetts-based The Old Willow Antiques has a robust selection of decorating boards in addition to her blog of decorating ideas, My Primitive Heart. Nadine’s style is primitive country mixed with New England influences and a touch of Victoriana thrown in. Warning: her board, Beautiful Old Houses, will provoke serious real estate envy!
4. Behind My Red Door is a blog dedicated to primitive country decorating, and blogger Linda Rudman has a great eye for the warmth that makes this style of decorating so appealing. Her Pinterest boards stand out because she includes her own amazing photography.
5. For decorating ideas with a cottage and French country touch, follow A Storybook Life. Their boards are extremely well curated, and you’ll especially love their DIY ideas and gardening inspiration photos. We especially love their unique Organization & Cleaning board explores a facet not often discussed, but especially for those of us who are collectors, should not be overlooked!
6. Farmhouse Primitives has uploaded many of their images from their popular primitive country decorating blog. See the full collection here and start re-pinning!
7. Do you subscribe to A Primitive Place magazine? This great little magazine has also posted some of its professional publication photos on Pinterest. This collection is a great source for whole-room inspiration photos and a perfect place to start when you’re creating your Dream County Bedroom board or Cozy Living Room Ideas boards!
8. Yesterday Once More is an invitation-only blog, but you don’t have to be VIP to check out pinner Dan’s great ideas on Pinterest. The collection of images is ideal for those looking for display ideas for their collection of vintage Americana because this blogger can make a stack of three bowls into an artistic display! The whole room photos are to-die-for, too.
9. Make a steaming mug of cider and pull up a lap quilt for a journey through a small New England town, brought to you on Pinterest by Home in New England, a lovely decorating inspirational blog. These gorgeous photos will have you hearing the crunch of leaves and smelling the crisp country air just looking at them!
10. Even reading the description of Suze at Black Tavern Primitive’s Pinterest board collection is enough to make us excited. She writes, “I surround myself with all things Primitive here in my 1790 home, especially those worn w/ age & love, repaired & re-purposed.” Sounds like an idyllic life! With more than 28 million followers, Suze is a major influencer for good reason – her collection of vintage and antique Americana is a joy to behold. Side note: her Let’s Go Junking! board has us reaching for our purses and keys!
11. Finally, discover the lasting marriage of beauty and practicality by searching for “treenware” on Pinterest and checking out the boards there. In addition to seeing rare early American pieces such as wooden plates and honey pots, and classic pieces like dough bowls, you’ll discover new ways to display the finds from our own treasure hunts.
Some of our favorite Pinterest board photos:
We love the stacks of vintage and antique jugs are displayed on this bookshelf!
The grapevine wreath around this mirror is so cozy and cheerful!
Stars and greenery – this is one of our favorite bedroom scenes featuring our quilts!
Classic primitive country motifs, both in the color collection and traditional star pattern.
If you need us after work hours, we’ll be on our favorite site, lost in happy thoughts of decorating and collecting. Happy Pinning, everyone!
- Jacki Alcorn