A quilt is designed to be used and even treasured. You don't have to limit yourself to only putting one on your bed. You may have more quilts than beds and need ideas of how to display and use them more regularly. Or perhaps you’ve seen gorgeous country quilts that are too big or small for your bed, but you would just love to have it.
12 Decorating Ideas
1. The most obvious decorating idea is to place a quilt or quilted throws on a bed. You may also like to place matching country quilts on the wall or bed frame.
2. Take a special antique quilt and drape it on an antique storage chest to create a meaningful showpiece.
3. Do you have a chair and an ottoman as a focal point? Drape a country quilt on the ottoman, ready to grab on chilly days.
4. Do you have a favorite arm chair that you love to curl up in with a book? Drape cozy quilted throws over the back.
5. As for a rocker in a bedroom, make the seat more comfortable with the help of primitive quilts.
6. No TV above the fireplace? That’s the perfect spot for making a striking statement with a quilt.
7. If you have a sewing or crafts room with a dividing screen, drape two quilts over the screen as ornamental pieces but also to help control how much light filters through.
8. Use pretty country quilts as room dividers by hanging them over the back of a wardrobe or to block the view of a room.
9. If you have high ceilings, fill the space with warmth and talking points by using quilts on your wall.
10. Source an old-fashioned quilt shelf, or make one yourself, to drape a quilt or two over for show.
11. Sofas simply cry out for quilts or quilted throws. Fold them over and sling on the back ready for when you need a nap.
12. Place folded quilts on each rung of a ladder and lean it up against the wall. This would great in any room of your home.
Less Can Be More
You don’t need a major collection of quilts to decorate your home. As far as home décor goes, just a few quilts can make a big impression. Even one striking quilt can relax and soften a home and make it more inviting.
Things to Be Careful Of When Decorating With Quilts
When displaying your precious quilts, be careful with sunlight which can fade certain fabrics pretty quickly. Instead, consider a shady area and even then, be mindful of windows.
It’s also a good idea to refold and rotate quilts regularly and be sure to brush them carefully. Don’t wash them too often but when you do, use a low setting and harmless detergents.
If your pieces are antiques, place them in a high visibility area but out of the reach of too many hands.
Ready to Buy a Quilt or Two?
Are you ready to decorate your home with a quilt? Have a look at the Primitive Star Quilt Shop’s collection of country quilts today.
Share your Thoughts with Us
Surely we have only scratched the surface on ways to create warmth in your home using quits. What's your favorite way to decorate with a quilt? Tell us in the comments below.
Pin this article to your favorite Pinterest board or share it on Facebook so others can get some great ideas on how to decorate their homes with quilts! We have added share buttons below to make it easy for you.